March 20, 2020
At Crown Center for Senior Living, we are always working to ensure the well-being of the people we serve. This is a very challenging time for us all, particularly as our clients are in the highest risk group for severe illness from COVID-19.
Here are just a few of the ways Crown is responding to this crisis:
- Closing all public spaces, meeting rooms and offices within the buildings. We are also securing doors to limit access to those with key fobs and urging residents to limit visitors to caregivers only.
- Suspending all programs and classes, a difficult but critical step
- Increasing our cleaning/disinfecting schedules with targeted efforts and added hours
- Supporting our staff to work remotely when possible and adjusting schedules and social distancing for crucial on-site staff
- Continuing to provide nutritious meals to an extended number of residents and area seniors through home delivery
- Telephoning residents and community seniors to understand their needs and provide support, as appropriate
We are grateful for the communication, coordination and care provided by our local network, particularly Jewish Federation of St. Louis, Jewish Family Services and University City’s first responders. We are also grateful for the national leadership of the Association of Jewish Aging Services (AJAS), and LeadingAge.
We commend the competent and agile work of Crown Center’s staff members during these challenging days. We can always count on their extraordinary commitment to our community.
We also thank all the volunteers and supporters who have so generously offered their time and assistance to help us continue to serve our community. Here are three ways that you can continue to help during this crisis:
- Contact us if you know of an older person in our vicinity who may need assistance. 314.991.2055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sustain the delivery of nutritious kosher meals by helping to support our efforts. A donation of $18 will provide 2 nutrition meals. Visit www.crowncenterstl.org/donate/
- Contact Jeremy Goldberg at Jewish Family Services if you want to volunteer in the coming weeks. He can be reached 314-513-1679 or email@example.com.
Stay safe, be well,
Sally Altman, President Nikki Goldstein
Board of Directors Executive Director